If you have trees near your home that seem like they need trimming or pruning, then you may be wondering how you can get the job done yourself. If so, we have some tips for you on how to get the job done in the most efficient and effective way possible, as well as the benefits of doing so. Let’s get right into it!
Tips on pruning your trees at home and their benefits
- Removing old branches will allow for extra room for new growth, making your trees even more beautiful
- It is best to prune trees during the winter months when the most trees are dormant
- Be sure to protect yourself with safety glasses once you get to work on your trees
- Trim all of the branches at a downward angle
- Prune the weakest or most damaged branches first (this will also prevent them from falling on you while you trim the other branches)
- Pruning your trees protects your property from potential damage from pointy branches that could break windows or scratch up the sides of your home
- It protects people from harm who may just be walking by or underneath the tree
- It makes the tree less attractive to pests
- It promotes the tree’s natural shape
Now that you are more aware of both how to prune your own trees at home and what the various benefits are of doing so, we hope you are able to get your trees looking their best. However, your safety is our biggest priority, so if at any time you feel that you need assistance with your tree pruning project, please do not hesitate to contact GreenTouch Pros. We look forward to hearing from you and helping with your tree pruning!
If you need any other services related to tree trimming, stump removal, or general landscaping, we have you covered on those as well.