Some people are just born more organized than the rest. That’s why they are able to keep their home clean in any situation. However, most people aren’t like that. If you’re a bit messy, you can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire professionals to do the cleaning for you. Let’s check out how you can clean your home for a party.
- Maintain curb appeal – The first thing that guests would see would be the front of your home. That’s why you need to make sure that curb appeal is maintained before you can make the inside of your home clean and sparkly. Go outside and inspect the curb with a critical eye. Every day you walk past cobwebs and small debris and that’s why you may not notice them. However, your guests would. Start by power washing the driveway after your broom and clean out the front porch.
Next, move to the garden and start cleaning your front lawn. Get the right tools and trim the hedges, mow down the lawn grass and pull out those weeds. Go to the front door and clean out the windows close to it. Windows can collect a lot of dust even if they remain neglected for just a week. After you clean them out, you’ll be surprised by the amount of natural light that enters your home. If you have exterior trash cans, move them away from the spots where guests would pass by. No one wants a whiff of stinky garbage when they enter your home.
- Create coat space – If it’s the winter season or very cold outside, you’ll need a place where your guests can store their winter gear when they enter your home. Clean out your coat closet and get rid of redundant things to make room for a lot of extra coats. You may also need to add a basket in the closet or right beside it so that guests can store their scarves and gloves.
While a rolling coat closet is the best thing in this situation, if you don’t have one or lack room in your existing coat closet, you can turn a guest room into a temporary coat room. It doesn’t even have to be the guest room as long as the room or storage space for the coats is close to the entrance.
- Remove clutter – After you have handled coat storage, you need to get rid of clutter inside your home. Start with areas that would immediately get attention from guests as they enter the front door. Apart from the entryway, you also need to get rid of clutter from other hotspots like the kitchen, guest bathroom, and other living areas that would be frequently used for the party.
You may be thinking that you don’t need to get rid of clutter if you’re hosting a party outside in the garden. However, you’ll regret your decision as soon as guests inevitably enter your home to have a chat with you in the kitchen or for using the bathroom.
- Build an emergency cleaning kit – Once the party is in full swing, there would be chaos, spills, and frequent messes everywhere. Kids wouldn’t be disciplined as usual, and some adults would turn to kids under the influence of alcohol. That’s why you need to prepare an emergency cleaning kit to take care of those frequent messes and spills as soon as they happen. Put all your cleaning essentials and supplies into a caddy or basket and keep it in a central location in your home.
Make sure that your cleaning kit holds all-purpose cleaning products, sanitizers, a hand broom, a dustpan, a cleaning sponge, and a microfiber cloth. While most spills and messes can be handled with ease, you’ll have a hard time cleaning wine spills from the carpet. You may not have the opportunity to use dishwashing soap and hydrogen peroxide to clean the carpet in the middle of the party. That’s where professionals can help.
- Kitchen – The kitchen is always a party hotspot. Guests love to congregate in this area since it’s cozy, it puts them at ease and that’s where they get to try out the food before anyone else. Make sure to clean and wipe down the countertops and avoid using abrasive kitchen cleaners while you’re at them.
You also need to clean the dishwasher and the sink and keep them ready for dirty dishes after the party. You’ll also need to make a lot of room in the fridge for all those drinks and leftovers. Throw out all expired items as well. Make sure that the fridge door and handles are cleaned as well and don’t feel grimy. The same goes for the microwave and kitchen cabinets.
- Bathroom – When you’ve served the food and people are enjoying their drinks, there will be a long line in front of the bathroom. You need to clean and keep your guest bathroom in optimum condition to handle all that extra traffic. This is the one room that would be used very frequently, and guests would judge everything with razor-sharp vision. Start off by cleaning clutter from the counters.
Once that’s done, you can scrub the toilet sink, shower, and finally the toilet. Also, make sure to wipe off the mirrors with a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to not leave off any residual fibers. Next, it’s time to fill up the soap dispenser and change those towels. Apart from regular towels, you should also maintain a clean batch of hand towels and a few rolls of paper towels. At the top of the toilet, store a few extra toilet paper rolls in a basket.
Cleaning your home is an easy job if you have the right approach. However, it’s tiring nonetheless since the chores don’t magically disappear, especially before a party. If you’re occupied with hosting a party at your home, you can search for “cleaning services near me” and let the professionals clean your home.